Golden oyster mushrooms are one of the most popular culinary mushrooms. They have a sweet and nutty taste, often compared to roasted cashew nuts when cooked in oil.
Golden oyster mushrooms
Golden oyster mushrooms are a great natural source of fiber, protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Nutrition – Blue oyster mushrooms are brimming with important nutrients. They are packed with vitamins B, C and D. They also contain minerals such as iron, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, and zinc. This makes them a great supplement to any healthy diet.
- Weight Loss – Oyster mushrooms are low in calories, which provides an obvious benefit for people who are trying to lose weight. They are very high in fiber which will cause us to feel fuller for longer.
- Antioxidants – Free radicals are atoms that are able to cause changes to the cells in our body, effectively damaging them. Free radicals are found in many of the foods that we eat. Antioxidants are compounds that help to protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals. This offers a number of health benefits, including protection against cancer and slowing the ageing process. Oyster mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants, meaning they can help to protect you against oxidative stress.
- Anti-Inflammation – Studies have shown that oyster mushrooms can be effective at reducing inflammation.
- Antibacterial – They contain a compound known as benzaldehyde, known to have antibacterial properties.